Physio Advice Line is for anyone over the age of 18 years who is registered with a GP practice in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough.
Are there any restrictions on who can call Physio Advice Line?
If you answer yes to any of the following, you are unable to use Physio Advice Line but you can still self refer by completing a self referral form and returning it us.
- Is aged 16-17 years old (face to face assessments are required for these patients)
- Requires someone else to be at the appointment to support the conversation
- Has communication difficulties i.e. hearing impairment, difficulty understanding English etc.
- Suffers with pain in more than two body areas (unrelated)
Who will I speak to?
A member of our team will take your details and book an appointment with a member of our physiotherapy team. We aim to make this appointment within one week.
How and when can I contact the service?
The service can be contacted on 0300 555 0210 (local call charges apply).
Line are open Monday – Friday between 8.15am and 5pm.
How long will the phone call take?
The length of telephone calls vary, but please allow 30 minutes if this is your first time calling us.
What will happen when I phone?
You will be asked a number of questions about your problem and how it is affecting your daily life, your current medication and any other relevant information to aid us in making a diagnosis. We can then determine the most appropriate way to manage your problem.
This may include one or more of the following:
1. Advice only
2. Advice and appropriate exercises may be sent to you in the post or asked to download.
3. An appointment may be arranged for you
NB: If you have been given advice and are not getting better or you have concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Physio Advice Line again.
What can I do if I can’t get through?
The telephone line can get very busy; although this is variable depending on the day and time you call. Mondays and Tuesdays are our busiest days. We do experience high call volumes on this line, so if the line is engaged or you are in a call queue, please try calling again. Alternatively to try at another time.