How can we help?
We focus on restoring strength, function and movement within the pelvic area. We are specialist physiotherapists with postgraduate training and knowledge of a wide variety of treatment options. We work closely with other specialist services if required.
Who do we treat?
We see women with:
- Stress incontinence - urinary leaking with certain activities.
- Overactive bladder - having a sudden desire to go to the toilet immediately with possible leaking of urine before reaching the toilet. There may be a need to visit the toilet more frequently than normal.
- Mixed urinary incontinence – a combination of stress incontinence and over active bladder.
- Small to moderate prolapse of the front and/or back vaginal wall(s) – weakening of the support structures that support the vagina, resulting in bulging of the pelvic organs into the vagina.
- Pain related pelvic floor dysfunction e.g. vaginismus.
- Post natal pelvic girdle pain, perineal trauma and diastasis rectus abdominus.
We see men and women with:
- Faecal incontinence – leakage of faeces.
- Obstructive defecation – difficult emptying the bowel, which may or may not be associated with constipation.
We see men with:
- Urinary incontinence and/ or erectile dysfunction following prostate surgery.
These problems are very common and tend to be ignored. They are often viewed as too embarrassing to talk about but we can help.