Your initial appointment will last between 45 and 60 minutes depending on your needs. It will be held in a private setting. You will be asked a range of questions about your problem. We do understand that for some people, talking about these symptoms can be upsetting or embarrassing, but we can help.
If appropriate you will be given options of a physical examination, which could include an internal examination.
It would be helpful if you could think about the following before you attend your appointment:
- How and when did your condition start?
- Are there any activities or positions that make your symptoms better or worse?
- How often during the day and night do you need to empty your bladder or bowel?
- How much, and what type of fluids do you drink each day?
- Have you had any treatment, tests or investigations already for your condition? If so, what was the outcome?
- If applicable, what medication(s) are you taking (a list would be helpful)?
Following your assessment, we will discuss your problem with you, and you will be advised on the best management options available. All management plans are individually tailored to suit your needs. To get the most from your treatment you will be asked to follow advice and undertake exercises at home.
How to get an appointment?
Who can refer to the pelvic health physiotherapy service?